Stardust: final flocking


Stardust was well under way. After the last testing, I noticed that I needed to make the boids more “shimmery” in order to communicate stardust, maybe change the speed and colour as well.

I went back to my visual references and found an image from a photoshoot I took. The glitter captured looked like what I had in mind. So I copied the RGB colours from the sparkles and used that data in openFrameworks for the boids.stardust_flocking_rgbColors

After this, I started tweaking the boids until they looked like the photograph, and adjusted the speed as well.

Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 4.00.16 PMScreen Shot 2013-05-27 at 3.59.49 PMScreen Shot 2013-05-27 at 3.58.20 PM

I also created a silver version of the boids (that looked like stars, not so much stardust, but I wanted to try an extra option).

Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 3.47.02 PMScreen Shot 2013-05-27 at 4.53.23 PM

I also experimented with the randomize command and the alpha channel of the boids to turn them “on” and “off”, creating the shimmering effect.

firma 2

flocking, openframeworks, process, stardust
Previous Post
Stardust: flocking II: FBO
Next Post

Related Posts